What to consider when choosing a carpet
Which room is it for?
- Has it got to be hard wearing or stain resistant to cope with heavy traffic, children or pets?
- Are you trying to match any particular fabrics or existing décor?
- Do you want it to be plain or patterned?
- Do you want a soft, luxurious feel or a firmer, denser pile?
- What about quality and durability?
- Which underlay?
In general, your hall and stairs will need heavier quality carpet, the living room and dining room are medium wear areas and the lightest wear is in the bedrooms.
- Practical and hard wearing twist pile carpets
- Fashionable 'natural look' ribbed and textured wool carpets
A good quality underlay helps to retain heat and acts as a 'shock absorber', cushioning the carpet and prolonging its life. We use Cloud 9 underlays for most of our installations and we supply specialist underlay when carpet is laid over underfloor heating.
Please contact us by email or phone on 01306 885032 or mobile 07504 098735 – we would be happy to help you.
Buy with confidence
We are currently the only carpet firm in the Dorking area to be accepted as a member of the Trading Standards Buy with Confidence scheme.